The objective of this course is to bring both introductory and experienced sailors to a level of competence that will allow them to sail small boats safely and with confidence. The course is taught by our US Sailing Certified Small Boat Instructors in a clinic setting with a low student-to-instructor ratio using Club-owned 420s.
The course is open to:
- Club family members age 18 and over
- Current members of the Youth Sail 420 curriculum
- Non-members age 18 and over with a member sponsor
The curriculum is based on the US Sailing "Learn Sailing Right" series with topics addressed at a level appropriate to student needs and abilities.
- Rigging the boat
- Launching the boat
- Leaving the dock
- Sailing, dinghy style
- Recovering a capsized boat
- Docking the boat
- Retrieving and stowing the boat
- Sessions are Saturday mornings from 9 AM to Noon beginning June 4th. Minimum of three students per session and a maximum of five to six students per instructor, depending on the skill level and learning objectives of the students.
- Students may attend as many sessions as desired.
- $75 per person per session.
- CYC Members and immediate family receive a $25 per person discount.